Thread: g45 4th Age

g45 4th Age

Only need 2 (or one if you play two positions) to get started. Who's in?
    What do you mean I don't hit on a natural 20?

Re: g45 4th Age

Clint said on Friday that the game is full.

Bob N.

Game is now full and players have been emailed with their allegiances and choices. So you can discuss set-ups with players who have joined with you, but no-one else atm. Feel free to send in diplos with your first turn and I'll send on. Enjoy this variant and if it goes well I'll look at other updates/improvements we can make.

Clint

Calling all Neutrals - the "Good" side would love to connect. Please email raven@rinzai.com and I will get you in touch with the right people. Thank you!

Nah, don't call the goodies, call us instead! Evil is way more more fun.

Great Trollusk - adamonmars@yahoo.com

Heck no, the DS are in the hot spots down south, you'll sweat all game. Or in Lorien where the ents are. The Free Peoples are Free Spirits with Free Love and everything! -- Jeremy jeremyrichman@Comcast.net

The DS know that flowery words rarely sway the allegiance of the neutrals. We prefer action over words.

Know this my future friends and compadres ... The DS are united, cohesive and understand interdepence. We know the value of shared resources, for if one falls we all fall.

If you are looking for teammates rather than FREEP platitudes, seek your nearest DS recruitment center and we will happily welcome you into the fold.

The Men of the Shade.

reywind@live.com

If one falls all fall!? oh dear...

Don't build your castles on sand friends.

Join with the Free and Make Middle Earth Great Again! We will wage economic and military war against those rascals until final victory is assured!

Quote Originally Posted by simon aalders View Post
    If one falls all fall!? oh dear...

Don't build your castles on sand friends.

Join with the Free and Make Middle Earth Great Again! We will wage economic and military war against those rascals until final victory is assured!
    **Snickers** ... MMEGA FREEPs !!

All the FREEPs offer are tired slogans and outsourced apparel made in the slave markets of the Far East. Heed not the words of these charlatans, for they speak with forked tongues and only seek personal enrichment on the backs of their neutral followers.

That's the last straw. 100% war machines purchases from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinzai View Post
    |

Just Playing devil's advocate.

I think you will enjoy battling 100 Men-at-Arms and 1,250 War Machines. I suspect two of your well-placed Agents will end this after one turn.

I think you will enjoy battling 100 Men-at-Arms and 1,250 War Machines. I suspect two of your well-placed Agents will end this after one turn.

Hmmm ... Sounds like you have it all figured out. I guess I should just resign now and spare myself the pain.

The last straw? Just curious what was that?

I think my joke did not go over well.

I think my joke did not go over well.
    T'was a fine joke, but you're telling Mike Judge jokes to a Larry the Cable Guy crowd.

~~woosh~~ right over everyone's head.

'All the FREEPs offer are tired slogans and outsourced apparel made in the slave markets of the Far East. Heed not the words of these charlatans, for they speak with forked tongues and only seek personal enrichment on the backs of their neutral followers.'

It's unbelievable!

Totally fake news, we have the bigliest armies, and i've done more for Middle Earth than anyone, anyone! in the entire history of the universe...oh yes if i was Sauron i'd be the badest...so bad...but i'm good...so good...

Join with us and we'll have low taxes, full employment and ice cream for everyone...oh yes we are bringing ice boxes to middle earth!

Quote Originally Posted by simon aalders View Post
    'All the FREEPs offer are tired slogans and outsourced apparel made in the slave markets of the Far East. Heed not the words of these charlatans, for they speak with forked tongues and only seek personal enrichment on the backs of their neutral followers.'

It's unbelievable!

Totally fake news, we have the bigliest armies, and i've done more for Middle Earth than anyone, anyone! in the entire history of the universe...oh yes if i was Sauron i'd be the badest...so bad...but i'm good...so good...

Join with us and we'll have low taxes, full employment and ice cream for everyone...oh yes we are bringing ice boxes to middle earth!

Comedy gold.

Whiskey and red headed elven girls. Keep the ice cream...

Stop it people! There is just too much activity on this thread.

Tone it down.

It's the deep breath before the plunge...

We're too busy (redacted) in (redacted) and (redacted) with (redacted) to post.

That's the trouble with putting the Democrats in charge of the House - you aren't allowed to say anything! Political correctness gone mad! LOLOLOL!

The High Oracle of the Illuminati looked around the high table at the gathered neutral Lords of Middle Earth. To his left, both Kings from the North and South Kingdoms were engaged in intense discussions among themselves. On his right, the Dread Lord from the Efusians was discussing a missive just received from the front with his second. And finally, the Dread Pirate of Ultramar kept calling on the buxom wine maiden to refresh his glass so that he could arrange for the after meeting pleasantries.

Seeing that the time had come to call this meeting to order, the Illuminated High Oracle nodded to the guards present to secure the doors and called for the gathered party to heed to his words by rapping his hand loudly on the table.

All grew quiet and looked upon the High Oracle as he started, "My Lords of the truly free neutral realms of Middle Earth! We are gathered here to proclaim our intentions!” With nods all around from the Lords present the High Oracle continued, “Over these many fortnights of recent activities in and around our nations, we have all suffered grievous threats and violations into our lands from both the so called Free Peoples and Dark Servants of Middle Earth. Rumors of enemy agents frequent all our lands and have been confirmed. No longer will our women and children fear the night and threats we suffer at those enemies around our borders! We proclaim that we as one banner will stand together against all those in Middle Earth who will oppose us be they Free People or Dark Servant!” Loud cheers of affirmation and raised fists from all the Lords present met the High Oracles words as he made his prophetic declaration as to the tides of Middle Earth.

“We proclaim that our nation’s banners raised high as one mighty neutral empire will fight together against the enemies around us and that my Lords present will lead us to victory against the foes before us! To Victory!!!”

Loud cheers erupted and drinks flowed freely in celebration as the war pyres across the neutral nations of Middle Earth burned brightly as the neutral armies marched forth to crush their enemies! The Dread Pirate of Ultramar was last seen taking his leave shortly after the initial cheers died down with a smiling wine maiden following his departure…

Quote Originally Posted by Bagst View Post
    The High Oracle of the Illuminati looked around the high table at the gathered neutral Lords of Middle Earth. To his left, both Kings from the North and South Kingdoms were engaged in intense discussions among themselves. On his right, the Dread Lord from the Efusians was discussing a missive just received from the front with his second. And finally, the Dread Pirate of Ultramar kept calling on the buxom wine maiden to refresh his glass so that he could arrange for the after meeting pleasantries.

Seeing that the time had come to call this meeting to order, the Illuminated High Oracle nodded to the guards present to secure the doors and called for the gathered party to heed to his words by rapping his hand loudly on the table.

All grew quiet and looked upon the High Oracle as he started, "My Lords of the truly free neutral realms of Middle Earth! We are gathered here to proclaim our intentions!” With nods all around from the Lords present the High Oracle continued, “Over these many fortnights of recent activities in and around our nations, we have all suffered grievous threats and violations into our lands from both the so called Free Peoples and Dark Servants of Middle Earth. Rumors of enemy agents frequent all our lands and have been confirmed. No longer will our women and children fear the night and threats we suffer at those enemies around our borders! We proclaim that we as one banner will stand together against all those in Middle Earth who will oppose us be they Free People or Dark Servant!” Loud cheers of affirmation and raised fists from all the Lords present met the High Oracles words as he made his prophetic declaration as to the tides of Middle Earth.

“We proclaim that our nation’s banners raised high as one mighty neutral empire will fight together against the enemies around us and that my Lords present will lead us to victory against the foes before us! To Victory!!!”

Loud cheers erupted and drinks flowed freely in celebration as the war pyres across the neutral nations of Middle Earth burned brightly as the neutral armies marched forth to crush their enemies! The Dread Pirate of Ultramar was last seen taking his leave shortly after the initial cheers died down with a smiling wine maiden following his departure…
    Hmmm ... Free people to the North and East of me and neutrals to the South and West.

This game just got fun.

I am sure the Freeps thought that the Men of the Shade would have tapped out by now ... Sorry fellas ... I am just a stubborn old King.

Looks like I may have to surrender my sword to some neutral now. You Freeps better hurry up.

Dread Pirate Qoquag, captain of the vast Dread Armada of the Ultramar, shifted restlessly in his massive chair as he refreshed his mug of hot spiced rum as he looked back down at his charts depicting the forested coastline of the Horselords. The wintry northern waters were challenging yet not a deterrent for his elite corsairs. Settling back into his thoughts and enjoying his hot rum to break the fast of another icy day at sea. Scowling at finding no possible ports or beaches along the thick forests over these past few weeks was starting to get his blood up. The Dread Armada under his command were all eager for battle and glory especially hearing reports that their neutral allies on land had struck the first blows against their many enemies. Their time was coming…

It was rumored that these northern Free People nations in the region maintained fleets yet no sightings had been reported or verified. Maybe they had heard of the Dread fleets coming? Looking out the captain’s window over the stern of the mighty war galleon, Qoquag took a long pull on his now warm spiced run. Just as his gaze started to discern the early morning glow that started as dawn broke over the forests of the Horselords, a loud rap at his door disturbed his rum and thoughts.

“Enter!” barked the Dread Pirate. His first mate, Grog the Red, quickly entered with a flourish of his signature blood-red cape followed him into the Dread Pirate Qoquag’s quarters. Stopping short of the captain’s desk, the first mate announced his report with a zealous smile of anticipation. “M’Lord we have sighted multiple masts with brown sails trying slip thru along the coastline from the north heading south.” Grog the Red watched the Dread Pirate stand and quickly buckle his cutlass reading himself for battle before continuing. “I had the crowsman signal the fleet to make ready to follow your lead. We stand by for your order to unfurl all the black sails. The gods favor us as the winds blow at our stern and our prey sails into a headwind trying to tact back and forth along their course south.” A rare smile broke across the Dread Pirate’s face as he gave the order to Grog the Red, “Unfurl the Dread black sails and make sure the battle flags of Ultramar are flying high so our prey will know fear and Dread as we fall upon them.”

The sea gods had smiled and blessed his first catch. Dread Pirate Qoquag laughed and encouraged his men as the Dread Armada encircled their catch, a large number of laden transports from the northernmost Free People nation of Oria Araana. Fearful faces of armored men could be seen among the enemy transports as nervous neighs of horses could be heard in the hulls. A short, portly man with a bald head on the lead transport appeared to be pushed forward on the bow of the lead transport. His high pitched screeching and gesticulation may have been feeble attempts to call forth a last ditch challenge but, he musing was lost in the orchestra of impending doom as the Ultramar Dread Armada maneuvered in attack position.

Somewhere off the icy western coast of the Horselords in high seas…

At the head of a mighty armada fleet of warships and transports was Dread Pirate Qoquag of the nation of the Ultramar. At the head of a fleet of fully loaded transports was Captain Tiwaz of the nation of the Oria Araana.

On that day in history...

Dread Pirate Qoquag ordered his ships to surround the enemy fleet. “Surround the curs and show no mercy!!!” A loud roar and cheers we heard as the Ultramar Pirates attacked.

Captain Tiwaz ordered his ships to meet the enemy fleet in standard battle formation. “Flee we are doomed” was the last understandable words heard from the doomed laden transport commander.

Dread Pirate Qoquag's navy totally overwhelmed the laden transports under the command of Captain Tiwaz.

After the battle. …Qoquag's forces were victorious in the battle and only suffered mere flesh wounds. Dread Pirate Qoquag easily survived and ordered casks of rum broke out of the stores in celebration of the first of many Dread armada victories.

As the victorious Dread Armada sailed over the broken ships and floating bodies of men and horses from Oria Araana, loud songs and laughter could be heard over the once icy winds as the Dread pirates readied their vessels for the next task at hand.

And yes, there was much rejoicing and the search for a landing spot continued…

Quote Originally Posted by Bagst View Post
    And yes, there was much rejoicing and the search for a landing spot continued…
    As the Men of the Shade prepare for exile ... We wonder ... What is this "rejoicing"? We know not of this emotion.